POLICY Viaflats (hereinafter referred to as “Viaflats”, “we”, “us” or “our”) provides an online platform which connects landlords to tenants seeking to rent such accommodations, whether through our website or our mobile applications (“Platform”).
What Types of information do we gather about our members ?
Information that you give us
We receive, store and process information, including Personal Information, that you make available to us when accessing or using our Platform and Services. Examples include when you:
fill in any form or upload any documents on the Platform, such as when you register or update the details of your Profile, or when you supply your personal documents such as ID, or other personal documents or verification information ;
access or use the Platform, such as to search for or post accommodations, make bookings, pay for accommodations, book or pay for any associated services that may be available (such as but not limited to electricity or water), post comments or reviews, or communicate with other users;
communicate with Viaflats
Information we get from your use of our Platform.
We also receive, store and process information, possibly including Personal Information, when you access or use our Platform and Services, including but not limited to:
When you use certain features of the Platform, in particular our mobile applications we may receive, store and process different types of information about your location, including general information (e.g. IP address, zip code) and more specific information (e.g. GPS-based functionality on mobile devices used to access the Platform or specific features of the platform). If you access the Platform through a mobile device and you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details.
We may also receive, store and process Log Data, which is information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Platform, regardless of whether you are registered with Viaflats or logged in to your Viaflats Account, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Platform, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, device event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
How Viaflats uses and processes the information that you provide or make available ?
We use, store and process information about you for the following general purposes:
to enable you to access and use the Platform;
to enable you to communicate with other Members, including but not limited to by sending them messages or other information during the booking process;
to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Platform, Viaflats’s business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Platform and Services, such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, enforcing our Terms and policies, verifying the location of your listings, verifying any identifications provided by you, and conducting checks against databases and information sources for fraud detection and prevention, risk assessment and harm prevention purposes. In this regard, we may do any or all of the foregoing with or without further notifying you;
to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about Viaflats, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services; and
to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with Third Parties.
How Viaflats uses and processes User Communications
We may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, or analyze your communications with other users exchanged via the Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, the Platform may scan and analyze messages to mask contact information and references to other websites. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors from asking tenants to send them money outside of the Platform, such as by bank transfer or other money transfer methods. We may also scan, review or analyze messages for research and product development purposes to help make search, booking and user communications more efficient and effective, as well as to debug, improve and expand product offerings. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications for sending Third-Party marketing messages to you. We will also not sell these reviews or analyses of communications to Third Parties. We will also use automated methods to carry out these reviews or analyses where reasonably possible. However, from time to time we may have to manually review some communications. By using the Platform, you consent that Viaflats, in its sole discretion, may, either directly or through Third-Parties we engage to provide services to us, review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
When Viaflats Discloses or shares your personal information, and to whom ?
Your Personal Information may be disclosed as follows:
1. Your public Listing page (i.e: Property page) will always include some minimum information such as the location of the accommodation, your listing description, your calendar availability, your photos, and any additional information you share with other Members. Your public Listing page may also include aggregated demand information (such as number of page views over a period of time) and information as regard to your reply rate and number of successful bookings on the platform. Parts of your public Listing page may be displayed in other parts of the Platform to other Members and/or Third Party platforms for marketing purposes.
2. When you submit a booking of a accommodation, your full name, and your full phone number, and other Personal Information you agree to pass through to the landlord(s) will become visible to the landlord(s) of any Listing you intend to book after the booking is confirmed by the landlord. Basic information such as First name, nationality, age, studies, and country of residence will be given to the landlord at the booking request stage.
3. When a tenant books your accommodation, we will disclose some of your Personal Information to the tenant such as First name, last name, address, email, phone number. However, your billing and payout information will never be shared with another user.
4. When a tenant stays at your accommodation or when you stay at a landlord’s accommodation, we may ask you to review the tenant, landlord, or the accommodation. If you choose to provide a review, your review may be public on the Platform. Likewise, another Member’s review of you as a tenant or landlord may be public on the Platform.
5. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Viaflats may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Collective Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary (a) to respond to claims asserted against Viaflats; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce and administer our agreements with users, such as the Terms of Service; (d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes; or (e) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Viaflats, its users or members of the public.
6. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify users about law enforcement requests for their data unless:
providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law; or
we believe that providing notice would (a) be futile, (b) be ineffective, or (c) would create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or (d) create or increase a risk of fraud upon Viaflats’s property, its Members, the Platform, Application, or Services (collectively, “Risk Scenarios”).
7. In instances where Viaflats complies with legal requests for user data without notice to the user for the reasons described above, Viaflats will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify that user about the request after the fact if we determine in good faith that we are no longer legally prohibited from doing so and that no Risk Scenarios apply.
8. We may also publish, disclose and use aggregated information and non-personal information for industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
How to access, change or delete your information, or cancel your Viaflats account ?
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your Viaflats Account. If you would like to correct your information or cancel your Viaflats Account entirely, you can do so by logging in to your Viaflats Account. Please also note that any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the Platform in association with your first name, even after your Viaflats Account is cancelled.
Securing your personal information
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
Your privacy when you access third-party websites and ressources
Viaflats uses “cookies” in conjunction with the Platform to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g. your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the Platform to recognize your browser, while another could store your preferences and other information. Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Platform may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
Viaflats cookies and Third Party cookies
The Platform may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. We may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in our messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Uses for Viaflats cookies
to simplify your access to and use of the Platform and make it more seamless.
to monitor and analyze the performance, operation and effectiveness of the Platform, so that we can improve and optimize it.
to show you content (which may include advertisements) that is more relevant to you.
for fraud detection and prevention.
Uses for Third-Party cookies
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Platform. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
ANY QUESTIONS ?