- How does it work to rent a room or an apartment with you? First - either send us your search criteria or the acccommodation you like. If you want to visit the place, tell us your availabilities. If you are not able to come to Maastricht in person you can also book it online.
- What is included in the monthly rent? It depends from homes to home, but for a lot of our places all bills are included in the price (Gas, Water, Electricity, Internet)
- How does it work with the deposit? When do I get it back?
You pay the deposit to your landlord. Once your contract is finished your landlord has up to 2 months to refund it (even though it usually takes a few days or 1 or 2 weeks usually). Viaflats cannot intervene in the relations between you and your landlords. We suggest you require a inspection report prior to you moving in and that you make sure that you do not make adjustments or break things in the place and that it is well cleaned when you move out.
- How can I advertise my property on Viaflats?
Please contact us via email at email@example.com and send us all the information of your property. Once we received the information, we will send a professinal photographer (free of charge) to your property and send you our conditions via email.
- How much does it cost to rent my property on Viaflats?
We charge between 4.5% (if we have the exclusivity) or 7.5% (if you also work with other companies or yourself) of the booking period amount. So for example, if you have a room at €400,- per month that you rent for 12 months with us exclusively (€400 x 12 = €4800) we will charge 4.5% of €4800,- = €202,5 excl. VAT. This is a one-time payment, and you do not have to pay it again if the tenant extends his or her stay.
- Can I arrange viewings?
Viaflats does not organise viewings. We send a professional photographer to the property which will write the description and take professional photos and videos of your room. We do not arrange viewings as a lot of properties are still occupied (and viewings thus disturb the other tenants) but also because it costs a lot of time and that most of our tenants are not yet in the Netherlands and want to secure their accommodation before arriving to Maastricht. However, you can decide to arrange a viewing yourself.
- Can I choose the tenants?
Once we have a tenant interested in your property (either to rent it directly or to see it) we will contact you via email or phone. After that, it is up to you to decide if you accept the tenant.